My story to Sobriety

Hello everyone. My name is Marshall and in the early morning of September 27, 2021 I looked at myself and realized that I didn’t like the person I was looking at anymore. Before meth I was a star employee and was always the one that was at least 30 minutes early. I hated missing work. When I started meth my work ethic slowly took a downward dive. In a period of 15 months I lost 3 jobs. The 4th and final job I had while under the influence of meth I had to resign from because the meth was hindering me from healing from an injury. I am now 15 days clean. I love myself again and I feel so much happier. I am putting on weight and in the 15 days since I started my journey I have gained almost 20 lbs. I have love back in my life and even have someone special I have started talking to. I wake up every morning with a renewed sense of purpose. As I continue my journey and fight to stay sober I realize that a big part of why I did meth in the first place was because I felt alone in the world. I now know that I have so many people that care about me and that my future is very bright. My name is Marshall Gardner and I was a meth addict but now I am sober.

13 Likes

Welcome Marshall! :wave: It’s nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing your story. It takes courage to change & you’re seeing results now - that’s wonderful :innocent:

3 Likes

Welcome Marshall, and thank you for sharing your truth; your story with us.

I wish you continued health and happiness.

The road won’t be easy, but if you stay mindful of everything you have it can provide strength when you feel weak.

Lean on all your tools, and fight with everything you got, because your worth every ounce of effort!

2 Likes