My third day sober and it’s Friday and I’m Alone

This is my third day of being sober. I realized I needed help because I’m tired of feeling like this. Every time I drink I lose something. I lose someone I love because of my actions, I lose my self respect and I especially lose who I am. My boyfriend left me because of my drunken outbursts I’ve embarrassed myself so many times and I’m just exhausted. I hate who I’ve become, and I know quitting is the only way I can change my life. I’m happy I found this community, I really need the support.
I wish everyone here the best. Stay strong!
I’m really motivated to get out of this rock bottom I’m in.

17 Likes

Stay strong. I’m right with you when it comes to loss. I found this app about a month ago and never had so much support. You came to the right place

1 Like

I’m alone too on Friday night. It’s okay though, we’ll get through this, it’s not the worst thing ever to be alone, and once you get use to it, it’s not that bad and can be kind of nice. I mostly just hurt myself when I drink. I’m much happier being sober and Healthy, even though I feel bored and lonely sometimes. Just some emotions I have to get use to feeling. Hang in there it will get easier :hugs:

3 Likes

Stay hydrated and hang in there. It can rough in the first month, especially those first 10 days or so. Just remember that what you’re going to feeling is normal for someone detoxing. It really does get so much better!

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it. I’m glad I found this app too, feels like people understand what I’m going through. I’m glad you are doing well . Gives me hope for myself.

Thankyou. I’m drinking tons of water and trying to stay busy. I’m sure I have to face my feelings eventually but for now I’m just trying not to think about alcohol the first couple days.

Thank you for your kind words. I really do hope it gets easier. It’s good to know that other people are getting better gives me hope for myself. Yeah I’m so tired of feeling embarrassed due to my actions. I don’t want to feel that anymore. Good luck to you on your journey.

1 Like

Be kind to yourself. Use this alone time to focus on you. Rest, hydrate, eat healthy

Coming here is great! your never really alone. this place helps me 24/7.
I quit drinking for the same reasons you are. It felt really hard at first. Occasionally it still does.

I had ruined a relationship that meant a lot to me at the time. I felt lonely. It was good for me. It gave me time to focus on recovery. I didn’t know it at the time, but it was.

Use the time to learn more about you. Without anyone elses opinion. Take a journey into self discovery.

When I was drinking, I became so distracted with everything I had going on at the time. I forgot who I am. Reconnecting with my true self has been one of the biggest gifts not drinking has given me.

Glad your here! You can do this weekend, Focus on one day at a time. Fridays almost over!

4 Likes

I am on day 14 from a recent relapse. I found a community called app.joinmonument.com. I was able to setup an appointment with a Doctor and a therapist online. I choose to begin Antabuse. Way too many relapses. I have had one therapy session. For $150.00 each month I get 2 therapy sessions and a doctor. They have free programs too.

1 Like

Ha! Nice. I replaced all the plumbing in my house in my first 20 days and then moved on to change out every doorknob and hinge and now I’m in the middle of painting the entire inside of my home. Yeah, staying busy helps! :laughing: Good exercise and keeps the mind busy.

With all the money you’re saving I highly recommend treating yourself to a 90 min massage. You deserve it and it helps with the anxiety.

1 Like

Sheez BK, wanna be sober at my house? :rofl:
Gina make sure you do things you enjoy :slight_smile: it makes it a bit easier on weekend nights.

3 Likes

So far I’ve been doing ok. The support on here is helping a lot. I’m so glad you are doing ok, it gives me hope for myself. I keep thinking about how dumb I’ve been because of my drinking and it makes me want to be better. Thank you for your words. How did you reconnect with yourself? I don’t even know where to begin.

1 Like

Too bad I’m not good at any of that! Lol I will definitely be taking that advice on the massage. My anxiety is through the roof! Hopefully I’m as productive as you are soon! I’m so motivated to stay sober I’m willing to try anything!

You can do it! Get something to entertain ur brain, hands and mouth, and enjoy your time! Netflix and snacks, maybe?

I’m glad you are back! I relapsed so many times before but I’m so determined this time that I’m trying to look for every resource available to me. This place is helping me so far this Friday night. I will def look into that resource. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes! I’m watching cartoons and eating hot Cheetos. Lol talking to everyone on this app is helping my anxiety also. I will start the healthy eating tomorrow upon everyone’s recommendations. Lol

2 Likes

Congratulations! You can do this? If you like comedy, they have a great selection of stand up on Netflix. I watch them back to back and it is a fun distraction. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:. We are here for you.

2 Likes

Its been a process. I was so disgusted with my behavior the last time I drank that I was beating myself up over it. I live in a small town and all my friends are drinkers. The holidays were here. My last drink was in Nov. So here I was not liking myself very much. The holidays were torture for me. I knew I couldn’t drink. Every time I drink something bad happens, because I do something stupid.

It wasn’t always like that, but it ended like that.

I knew I couldn’t hang out with my friends. Its to easy to drink. So I kept to myself.

I started painting. I participated here daily. I still do.

I felt every single feeling I used to run from during the holidays. I decided to try and fix my relationship with my kids that was causing me so much pain through the holidays. I didn’t even know where to start, but I became willing to do what ever I had to.

Painting really helped me. It was something I always talked about doing. I decided to quit talking and start doing. It was a positive outlet while I was swimming in feelings I hadn’t allowed myself to feel for a long time. The support I got here was huge along the way. It still is!

I keep doing the next right thing and it adds up.

I reconnected with photography. That’s been good for me. I spent my booze money on camera gear now. That’s been really good for me.

I have a good relationship with my kids now. That’s been huge!

It all started with the first weekend. its been over 18 months since I’ve had a drink.

I listened to a lot of recovery based stuff on YouTube while I painted. I still do whenever I’m working on my photos or videos. I have a strong connection with nature which helps me a lot too.

Glad your here! Keep doing what your doing!

4 Likes

2nd Day… Saturday night where I live. Definitely going to need help to keep pushing through.