My very first clean week

so i don’t actually know if anyone is going to get to see or read this but if they do then i just wanted to start this topic because ive just completed my first whole clean week from heroin and crack cocain. im not going to lie to myself and say that its been easy because its been far from it and ive had several challenges that ive had to face along the way. ive just joined this community because im looking for extra support and wisdom so any advice is more than welcome im also hoping to find a sponsor. and just joined my first NA meeting online anyway if anyone has any kind words feel free to chat

26 Likes

Congrats on one week clean!

1 Like

Welcome and huge congratulations on ur 1st week clean! My most recent DOC was crack cocaine also and this forum has been a huge support for me in my recovery. I hope it is for u too! Recovery is not always easy at first but it does get easier over time as long as we are doing the work :slight_smile: keep at it!

3 Likes

Congratulations !!! 7 days is a big deal! So glad you’re here and so glad you shared. :slightly_smiling_face::star2:

1 Like

Huge congrats on that first week! Thats the hardest. I hope you can feel some pride in your progress. A sober community definitely helps! Share what your NA meeting experience is like.

Keep reading and posting!

1 Like

thank you so much for all your kind words my partner is also a recovering addict and we live together and are getting clean together im going to keep posting each day with my progress just hope people don’t get too board of hearing from me as the weeks go up the topic name will change with my progress if im able to edit it. if anyone has any recovery tips of how to manage the boredom that would help and also im looking to find a sponser

3 Likes

thank you for your support

thank you for your support it means alot to me

1 Like

Congratulations :clap:
And big welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

It is so nice to know there is a community of people out there willing to support others they don’t know so thank you to everyone for all your support although for some reason this is the first night for that for some reason I can’t sleep and I don’t know why so if anyone can shine a light on that then it would help

1 Like

How are you dealing with detox? Are you on MAT or taking anything or just cold turkey? Thats usually the hardest part of overcoming opiate addiction is the detox.

Fantastic keep going one day at a time :muscle:

That’s fantastic @vicki996
Congratulations

struggling with the boredom a lot im on a methadone script so not cold turkeying and struggling to sleep some nights thats the hardest part im finding at the moment

2 Likes

thank you so much reading your comment has brought a smile to my face so thank you for your support

1 Like

Usually u start low and ramp up your mg intake. Is how i was ever told clinics work when taking methadose or methadone. I dont know your strategy as we all usually have one before jumping off. Your experiencing wd side effects still even if you feel halfway normal. If your planning to jump off methadone id recommend continuing what ur doing and continue to taper down. If u plan to stay on it for a long period then take more or explain that your still feeling wd and you need your dose adjusted up . I personally rapid tapered off heroin with one 8mg sub divided up 10 ways. Taking larger doses in the begining and halfed it every day til gone and took the leap of faith to be free of it all. You wont sleep too good til after the first 30 days. First week i flopped like a fish out of water maybe got an hr or 2 a night. Pretty much got the same result for the rest of the month but without flopping around with restless legs. After a month i got 4hrs of sleep. I gained an hr every 30 days til i got to 8. Maybe alil help to what to maybe expect if you do plan to jump off. Its been almost 5 years ago since but its an experience you wont ever forget or want to go thru again.

2 Likes

One week is HUGE!!! Congratulations! :tada: You are walking in Freedom! And You are not alone. Keep coming back!

2 Likes

finding things really hard today and wanting to use that bad i’ve even made the calls just struggling to try and talk myself out of it

1 Like

Dont go back on yourself now, youve made it a whole week which is amazing. Turn your phone off, maybe try going for a walk, or to a meeting either online or in person, they help a lot of people. Sending strength :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Dont do it. Youve made it this far. Make the decision not to use today. Put your health and happiness first

2 Likes