NA Advice ... what to expect

I’m considering trying NA for the first time. I don’t know why but the closer I get to convincing myself to going the more nervous I get and start to reconsider. So far over the last 3 years 14 days is the longest I can seem to maintain sobriety before starting over. Any advice on NA? Has it worked for you? How can I not be so nervous? What should I expect? Should I try it? Sorry lots of questions

2 Likes

I’m currently 18 days sober, I had a severe coke overdose with a seizure, it scared the fucking shit out of me, most that overdose on coke don’t survive, the ones who do, don’t usually come out ok, use my experience and take my advice, it’s not worth your life.

I go to NA every week, after my overdose I went through detox for 4 days, I’m currently in a PHP, and I see a substance abuse therapist, all of that together is helping me get through my addiction.

1 Like

Wow. Thank you for sharing. Im glad you are ok and recovering! I’m nervous about going. I feel good and like I’m doing ok but I say that every time. So I’m just like do I go now while I feel ok to keep it managed or do I go when I think I can’t. Idk, sorry for the dumb questions just nervous about trying it I guess.

Your an addict, it doesn’t matter if you feel good right now, go to meetings, get a sponsor, have a support group there, trust me, it really helps, even when I had a couple years of sobriety I still tried to continue going to meetings.

1 Like

Don’t judge all meetings by your first one. Keep trying till you find one you like. It’s the best way for me anyways to find sponsors. You get time to feel them out. But I stand by meetings, I wasn’t for them at first and now I love the chances to learn, grow and help others.

1 Like

Sobriety is all about maintenance, it’s just like your car, you have to keep it maintained or it fucks up, once you find a good meeting, you won’t miss one after.

1 Like

Thank y’all. I’m going to try it. 6pm-7pm est tomorrow. I’ll reply here to let you know if I chickened out or not tomorrow

1 Like