Narcotics anonymous

Hello! I’m Amanda and I’m an addict. I attend NA meetings in Mexico and I want to know if someone around here is a member from NA too :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi Amanda. From South Africa. I am a member of NA Program . My NA group have become like family.

4 Likes

Nice to meet you Jackblack! A few days ago I was talking with some friends that it would be nice to meet NA members around the world. I’m from Mexico City and I’ve only visited groups inside the country but still every group feels like home. It would be great if we can keep in touch and share experience :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Amanda. That would be great. Have met only amazing people in this program. Been in and out of recovery more than I would like to think. Celebrating 60 days today. One thing I do know is with out my sponsor. Meetings and the 12 Steps I will not make it. I have had to learn the hard way over the years. Get to complacent and to cock sure and my recovery comes off second best. I love my meetings and the NA people. We definitely as real as we get.

2 Likes

Unfortunately my experience with addicts in NA hasn’t been amazing. I don’t know if this happens everywhere but it’s difficult for women to stay clean in a group. Lately one of my sponsees got raped and the agresor was one of our fellows.
I’m in love with the program, it saved my life it works if you work it and I’ve met amazing people in the groups. But life still hard.

2 Likes

Hey. That’s hectic. I think all NA groups differ. I go to different NA meetings around my town . I find some aren’t as freandly as others and each group has there own clicks. I go for the shares and the message. You definitely right if you work it it works. I also do AA meetings as alcohol was also a huge problem for me. I try do as many meetings as I can. I have learnt that if I stop meetings and don’t do my steps and have a sponsor I will fail at my recovery again. This is definitely my last chance to get this right I have to give it all I have.

1 Like

Texas here…I currently am a member of a big book fellowship but did play a role in NA in one of my earlier experiences and have a ton of friends from the San Antonio Austin felloships NA

2 Likes

Don! Nice to meet you! Thank you for answering, sounds you aren’t a NA member anymore? And what’s the big book fellowship? Is it AA?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’m not an NA member but I attend CA which uses the big book and yes…nice to meet you as well…I love NA and its members…

2 Likes

Hey amanda i am in NA too i am from egypt

2 Likes

Hey! My name is Tiffand and I’m an addict. 9 months smand 5 days sober. From Illinois.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, any updated chats? This one appears to be a year old.

1 Like

Hello my name is Zachary and I am an addict I miss going to meetings and talking about problems and things that I’m grateful for and other people that are just like me

1 Like