Navigating sobriety in 20’s

Whatsup sober people.
Just wanted to fire off a post since it seems like a good way to get connected, say Hi in the comments and cheers to another day without using and abusing.

I managed to get a DWUI early last year, and slowly but surely I’ve accumulated a couple months sober. What a blessing, I feel sharp and in charge of my life for once. It can be tricky sometimes living in a house with 3 friends that like to party but I just make sure to have a seltzer or water when I’m hanging out. Golf is more fun, work is more fun, mornings are no longer spent on the floor; I really am greatful for my life and everyone that’s choosing to be better. I struggle with AA since nobody is really my age (24), but maybe Im going to the wrong meetings. Anyway it will look cool as hell if I ever get a half century sobriety since I’m starting so early. If you have any advice or want to share stories of being sober in your 20’s let it rip!

3 Likes

I wish I would have gotten sober in my 20’s I had strings of sobriety but nothing long lasting,

As far as AA groups. Look around, a group I used to run with was anywhere from early 20s to mid 40s at the oldest, it was a good time good people.

1 Like

here in Scotland they have young persons meetings maybe have a go them if they have them local , i was 34 when i got sober wish you well

2 Likes

Awesome, my mother is from scotland so I’m heading there in October. Maybe I can check one out when I go. I’m sure there are some in my area I just have to look.

1 Like