NEED a hobby

Join a Dungeons & Dragons group!

2 Likes

Went and got the game… gonna try it out.

1 Like

Ive been doing puzzles this weekend and it kept my mind busy.

I’m a bit obsessed with growing things. I have more houseplants than space to put them, but it’s pretty fun to watch them grow with your love and care. And you can decorate pots for them or do other fun things, like make plant hangers with crochet or macrame. And there are some varieties that are really hard to screw up if you’re new to having plants. My Hoya plant is so hardy and I got blooms this winter in the dreariest time of year!

5 Likes

Wha? Got the game? Take a picture. I want to see what you got.

I’ll throw this out there as well, typically D&D is a multiplayer game. So grab some friends.

I have seriously been looking at some bigger puzzles to work on recently lol

1 Like

FB_IMG_1583835764259
Me af. I’m trying again with one in my kitchen window :joy: Pray for its soul.

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I swear my plants have pulled me from the brink at times…I just can’t handle seeing them suffer lol

3 Likes

I definitely agree the gym is a great start and time filler. Ive been struggling with finding things I enjoy to fill all the tine I have now Im not wasting hours on a bar stool or sleeping off a hangover. Im going to start yoga soon with some friends. I read a ton, Michael Connelly is my favorite. I also decided to get back into building model cars. Someone told me to think of what I did before I started drinking, I started at 13/14 so most of my activites were kid based, but model cars is still a hobby I can have as an adult. I ask a lot of guys from my AA groups what they do and try to remain open minded and willing to suggestions. You’ll find something you enjoy and are passionate about. Just keep trying things and stay positive.

3 Likes

Thank you. I was thinking of going to yoga or a kick boxing. I used to do kick boxing way back in the day and enjoyed it.

2 Likes

My friend told me the other day I need to start crochetigg I have never done it though. She said I need a hobby My kids play sports all year round and he just signed for college football so no more sports til next year so I am so bored first time in got forever I don’t have a kid really out doing activities so I was drinking alot more. I so need a hobby

1 Like

I hear you my kids are both older now and don’t do organized sports anymore. I find myself bored like a lot. I’ve mostly just been on here or play games on my phone. I need to venture out to more active things.

1 Like

Yea My kids now are all over 2 still in high school but 2 more out and about I need to go visit now that I am not really confined to sports here for the high schoolers

1 Like

I crocheted for a few years when serving a mission for my church. Didnt have a winter blanket, so I made one. Warmest blanket ever. Made from acrylic yarn.

3 Likes

I need to google how do to it

1 Like

Do you cook much? I started the meal kits this year and I enjoy them. I take my time leeping and cutting the veggies and it’s relaxing.

1 Like

Try skydiving. It is not boring. Lol

2 Likes

Omg I think I would pass out :scream:

1 Like

I see it a lot on this thread already, but exercise has been great for me. I create little categories of types of workouts or body parts to focus on and then I check off which ones I do each day with a color coded system. Feels good to have it on paper to remind me and gives a sense of accomplishment after each workout. On days I need a rest from more strenuous exercise I do restorative yoga or walks. Some kind of connection to my body every day makes it easier for me not to drink.

Since you are still figuring out what hobbies you like you might try brainstorming and writing down all the ones that interest you. When you are bored, pick one off the list and try it. Or you could pick just one and commit for one full week then see if you want to stick with it or if it’s not a good fit. I definitely have way more time for hobbies when I’m sober and I try to prioritize them in different ways so I don’t just jump around all the time haha.

1 Like

Also, meditation is a great way to begin to sit with boredom and be ok with it. We often try to fill up space, but sometimes we can just learn to be in that space and and boredom and not need to fill it up with something. It takes time though.

1 Like