Need advice and help

I can’t stay sober. I can’t go more than five days with out drinking. I’m spending money I don’t have. I just can’t stop. Every weekend I go out and binge drink which leads me to do drugs.

3 Likes

Actually, you can. You are hung over and desperate this morning. That’s how you found us. Googling “alcoholism support” or something similar? You will get SO much support and advice here. This can be your Day 1. Stick around and read tons of posts…great information to be found.

6 Likes

You’re in the right place.

You have the right attitude, knowing you need to stop, you’ve just got to figure out how to put that into action.

Top tips I would give are…

Plan a night in. Don’t go out, at least for the short term.

Read books about sobriety, one that was really helpful to me is called “the unexpected joy of being sober” reading about other people’s stories really helped me.

3 Likes

Welcome! What have you tried that hasn’t worked and what can you do differently going forward? There are a lot of programs out there that can help you but you have to be willing to put in the work. For me, that program is AA. Here’s a link with other resources: Resources for our recovery

3 Likes

Welcome friend. I was a binge drinker like you so I know where you are coming from. You have to ask yourself, are you only desperate now because your hungover and feeling sorry for yourself or do you really want to change? I wasted years continously binge drinking, wakening up on a Sunday and being riddled with the fear, guilt, anxiety but i continued to do it week in week out. If you REALLY want to stop then you can. You are capable and there is support there if you need it. Dont be afraid off change.

3 Likes

AA meetings get to one online or face to face on day1 so when day 5 comes you have people you can turn to. We are here too keep reaching out you can do it.
You have the strength deep inside you have to want it that bad and you can do it, us all here are proof it can be done, been where you are and are here to support you if you decide to stop.

Welcome to the community i hope to see you stick around and beat this horrible addiction unfortunatley some people dont stop and bad stuff happens that forces them to stop and ruins their life and others around them.
You can do this now before things get worse.
Glad you joined us :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you can’t stop drinking because of the body, and you can’t stay sober because of the mind, then you are powerless over alcohol. Check out step 1 in the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous. It really helped me realize my situation and determine if in fact I am an alcoholic. Hope that helps. :+1:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like