Need advice on this

So I’ve been smoking weed for a couple of years now and used to do it everyday which I realized was bad. At that point it was a coping mechanism, but now it’s just a social thing. Is it bad to smoke once in a while with friends but keep track? I enjoy it but I’m also really bored of it and know being completely sober is what’s best. I’m just not sure I’m ready to totally give it up. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Only u can determine if u are an addict, but if you are an addict, moderating or trying to control drugs will be very difficult. I can only speak on my own experiences, but bcuz i am an addict, every single attempt in the past to try and moderate or control my use of drugs, ALWAYS 100% of the time, would end up with me using daily again. The only thing that works for me is complete abstinece from drugs and alcohol. As soon as i put any mind altering substance into my body, i release my addiction all over again. It becomes a constant inner battle that quite frankly is beyond exhausting. Thats just my experience tho :slight_smile: but i know for me, i could never just “control” my use

2 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. thank you for replying. I just have such a hard time when I’m surrounded by it and it has been my coping mechanism for so long. I’m so torn and I know I’m better off not doing it at all because like you said it does become a daily thing slowly but surely. I’m torn

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I know I will be much happier sober, but I don’t know how to get there when I’m surrounded by it and like you said it’s legal now. Do you have any advice or tips on how you quit?

1 Like

Thank you! I do really want to quit, I know I’ll feel much better and I’m bored of it at this point. I know you know it’s incredibly difficult to give up something that has been a huge part of your life for a long time. I feel like I need to replace it with something positive but I tend to trade addiction for addiction and I know I can’t afford to do that.

1 Like