Need help...effexor?

If your taking ssris or antipsychotics don’t ever just stop taking them it’s dangerous for you and those around you.i wish you the best and hope everything works out for you :pray::pray:

1 Like

I’m sorry if I come off as a assohle when it comes to this subject I have alot of animosity when it comes to this subject due to the hell I was needlessly put through because of drs I’m sorry please forgive me :pray::pray:

1 Like

thanks for sharing your experience with psych drugs, I think that’s something everyone should be aware of - that psychiatric drugs aren’t always the solution, and sometimes cause more problems than they solve!

I’ve taken it in the past and just started again on Monday. Do you know what dosage you’re taking? Typically they start you at the lowest dose of 37.5 mg and then bump you up to 75 if needed, gradually increasing to the lowest dosage you need in order for it to be effective.

I don’t have depression, I take it for generalized anxiety disorder and it’s really helpful for me once I get through the initial side effects.

When I went off it previously, it was pretty brutal. It’s known to be one of the worst to discontinue and I’d HIGHLY recommend you refill and then taper. Are you taking capsules? If so, you can remove just a few granules and put the capsule back together. Under a doctor’s supervision would be best, but I know that’s not always possible. Anyway, I think I removed 5 granules from each capsule for a week, then 10 for another week, then quit. Even after tapering for two weeks it was hard, but it passed. I made the decision to go back on it again because it was so effective for me.

We all react differently to these meds and it’s possible this is not the right fit for you. If you can, I’d recommend discussing with a doctor about whether to maintain, increase or switch.

Good luck, and don’t give up! Even if this one doesn’t work, another might make a world of difference for you.

2 Likes