Need help getting past day 1

Meetings (in person or virtual) and exercise. Walk, walk, walk. Get rid of all temptation in the house. That got me started on my current path. And welcome - we’re all glad you are here!

2 Likes

I may try the virtual zoom meeting and I have ordered decaffeinated herbal teas. It’s always been a struggle to find something else to drink. Everyone has been so kind, you have no idea how much it’s appreciated. I don’t have family to talk to, you all are great. Thank you.

2 Likes

I would also suggest you take vitamins you loose while drinking a lot the B vitamins, Magnesium, Zinc etc also Kudzu root has really helped me look into it good luck I’m 30 days tomorrow, and I must say it is really beautiful waking up not feeling horrible I can’t believe I would drink to feel good for a few hours only to feel horrible for days.

2 Likes

The herbal teas are a great idea, i drink chamomile in the evenings and green tea and lemon balm tea in the day. You will get through this, also flavoured sparkling water helps me alot.

Just looking up kudzo root, do you drink it or take capsule? You have given me something good here to research that looks great too

Congratulations on your 29/30 days too

1 Like

I also heard of anti alcohol drugs health professionals prescribe such as Naltrexone or Acamprosate.

1 Like

You can do both I heard but I take the pill form make sure you start out with high dose 1,800 when beginning it is weird but I don’t have any cravings like I used to I couldn’t wait to get out of work because I used to think about drinking later on I haven’t done that in a while now.

2 Likes