Need Helpful friends

Need support to stay sober. Due to my severe social anxiety I am afraid to go to a meeting. Crying because I need to be free. So today is day one. Not hard it will probably be tomorrow that will be harder.

8 Likes

Thank you!

Hi Kris welcome,
I also have really bad social anxiety. It was hard to get to meetings but I found that the longer I went without substances the better my anxiety got. The more I put myself out there, the more practice I got being around people without being under the influence the easier it became. I am not saying I love being around people by any means and I still get really bad anxiety, but I have found ways to overcome it or at least lessen it.

If you use the little magnifying glass at the top you can search topics like anxiety or panic attacks and see what other members have been doing. Lots of meditation, deep breathing exercises, things like that.

Hope you stick around, and congrats on day one.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. I will search for them. Definitely sticking around. I need to do this.

There’s lots of good options here:

Resources for our recovery

Take care & never give up the search :innocent: You will find what you need.

Welcome. Congrats on starting your journey. This is a great place to read posts and talk about your feelings. all of us here are going through similar challenges…
:pray:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Today is hard for me can’t stop crying.

1 Like

I can relate. It is hard, my friend. You CAN do this and you’re not alone. I still have tough days that can challenge my sobriety. It plays with your mind, for sure.
It’s ok to cry it out. Maybe write down the reasons you want to stop and periodically read it through out the day.
Stay strong.

4 Likes

@L1ve Kris - Sassy has a list of hers here - may be a useful reference for making one of your own:

3 Likes

How are you ??

Just checking on you because it’s your day one

Not good. I am really having a hard emotional day. My sons father walked out on me.

Don’t worry just stick around here . Community is very helpful. Just talk and you can do it.

Today I’ve completed one year of using this app… it helped me. Made me sober many times

When I stop using this app I disconnect then I’m relapsed

So far it has been very helpful. I actually don’t feel like drinking. I just feel alone. I feel like my anxiety is making it hard to focus on my sons needs. I’m used to a partnership with my son and having support with his father. We are both very hands on. I need to stay focused and sober so my husband gains faith in me that I will never drink again. He said he doesn’t have any faith in me. This year I started drinking every three days. Would have 3 glasses of wine. Then with financial struggles and my chronic pain it was every two days, than everyday. Then I started drinking an entire bottle. I never had a black out before and last night was my first. So scary. It really scared me.

I don’t want to be that person anymore. I know I can do it. I’m just worried about getting sick if I don’t drink. I am not an all day drinker. I would not have a hang over. I would just have my wine and I could actually function fine all day the next day. When 5 o’clock comes around I get severe pain. So I would drink my small bottle with dinner (obviously I didn’t chug it)…

Last night I got a big bottle of wine. I didn’t realize how much I had drank from it.

So after that situation and having an argument with my sons father, I need to end it.

I hope I don’t get bad cravings.

What can I do to help the cravings. I don’t want to take prescription medications. Is there anything else that is available to help craving a drink?