Need new stuff to watch on YT

Not a political post.

Before rehab, I pretty much watched political commentators / content creators 24/7. It was incredibly depressing and certainly added to my “need” to drink.

I made a promise to stop while in rehab, to help myself succeed… but now I find myself with almost no content creators to watch. We don’t have TV, we do have a few streaming services… but I would like to find creators to watch as well. Things I’m thinking of:

News agregators other political
Fun topics i can search for
Interesting or thought provoking creators

Comment with all your favs please and thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t watch commentators but I do watch a lot of streaming series and movies - there’s a good list here:

Netflix Hulu HBO Apple etc…… binge ideas please!

On YouTube (and Vimeo) I tend to watch media that has an uplifting and unifying message, sometimes with a spiritual focus. In my case for spiritual music I watch Bahá’í Blog Studio Sessions (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLePDtgwcyKAScvchcLzY-XZTmP2tdN-EY).

Another content source that I find has a good selection is TED talks: https://youtube.com/c/TED - you need to search a bit for topics that are relevant and interesting for you, but the talks are insightful and thought-provoking.

1 Like

Wendover productions is rad in my opinion. Curiosity stream and nebula have some fascinating content about all sorts of stuff.

1 Like

Numberphiles and pbs space time are also bad ass imo. Vsauce too

1 Like

Save A Fox videos are something that always make me feel good
I love these foxes so much!

1 Like

didnt realize this one was basically a commercial before i posted it, oops

1 Like

I like science and math, my faves are:

3 Likes

What are your hobbies or interests?

There’s a few I follow mostly comedy stuff kinda R rated tho, but funny most people find them insensitive cause they poke at everyone. Including themselves

Other than that I do watch alot Of things on warren Buffett investing strategies. Music stuff and sports stuff

Thanks. I like ted talks, and have watched a lot of motivational stuff in the past… i should get back into that for sure. Thanks

1 Like

Nice. Thanks. I’ll check them out!

I have seen a fix rescue creator… she has a ton of foxes… but no idea what channel it was. I’ll check out the one you suggested. Thanks

Awesome. I’ll check them out. I have seen veratisiun and khan academy in the past… gonna have to get back into then as well. Thanks

1 Like

I’m a bit eclectic. As for comedy, I’m old school in my comedy tastes, so offensive is not a problem. In fact, i was just binging on late 80’s early 90’s comedy central stand up on paramount plus (i think)… unashamedly (is that even a weird?) hilarious. Thanks!

I’ve always liked useless information shows like Qi, 9 out of 10 cats do countdown, and other stuff like that

1 Like

There’s a guy I follow I’ll PM you it

1 Like

Nice. Thanks

Sweet. Thanks

more foxes

1 Like

I think i saw one of her videos… she was passing out eggs. So many foxes!