Needed some feed back!

Don’t know if I’m just too weak, jealous, stupid, or just crazy!! But I just hit my 37 month of sobriety! But one of the key support keeping me sober the last 19 months, I just lost last week. One of my friends had a baby girl in January 2019 and she became my world and a support crutch to me staying sober. She gave me a reason to not relapse. But now after 2 years of her father being locked up in jail and him out now, I’ve lost her in my world. So I’m asking advice to some out there. Am I crazy, jealous, stupid, or just too weak to get through this? Should I just move on or still try to stay connected to that little girl, who has kept me going? Is there other ways to try to keep going that some out there have tried?! I’m afraid of relapse without that small support figure!! Thanks to anyone who can give some support and advice!

You have to want to stay sober for yourself. Don’t do this for anyone, not even a baby. Is drinking going to make your current situation better? I don’t think so. Hasn’t your life been much better sober? Do you really wanna throw it all away? Maybe consider a program to help you stay on track? Like AA? I’ve built a great support network with the people I’ve met at meetings. Here’s a link you may find helpful: Resources for our recovery

4 Likes

It’s ok to feel what you feel, it’s normal, sucks, but normal. And no matter how bad it hurts, you know drinking ain’t gonna help, that’s a fact.

3 Likes

Hi. Sorry you’re feeling this. I agree with @Lisa07 , you have to do this for you! Well done on your sober time, you are doing great! Focus on you and your sobriety…maybe a meeting would help? I wish you strength my friend, drinking WILL NOT help in anyway. Sober is the only way, the best way :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

How come you can’t still visit with her?