Needing general guidance

When I got married, my husband would often express his dislike of me smoking. At that time, I didn’t have an issue with alcohol but he did. I would get very defensive and say things like “you knew this about me before we got married. It wasn’t a problem then or you would have said or done more before our wedding day.” I hated it when he brought it up and I would smoke more to get back at him. No one was going to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do for my own health. In hindsight, he only wanted what was best for me because he loved me. My point is, the more you say, the more it’s probably going to aggravate her. We’re more likely to change on our own because we want to. Doing anything we’re not ready to do will only lead to resentments. Let her be and hopefully she’ll come around but let her do it at her own pace.

2 Likes

I’m learning to stick to the facts, and not let my brain run wild. I know for a fact that??? Is she hearing you (not just listening). I know in my past situations I would hear but not listen…

1 Like