Needing some community power

Hey Family. I’ve been away for awhile and life has been good I can’t complain. New job with better pay and nothing really to complain about.

My parents, sister, her husband and my uncle all got COVID at the same time a few weeks ago. I’ve got back to drinking beer, no liquor. The pounds I’ve gained really show lol.

This time around I don’t feel a slave as I was. I just feel in a slump. I don’t like to be a victim, but can use some strong words of harsh encouragement.

3 Likes

Good to see you again latinlion ! :fire:
Yay on the new job with better pay and im sorry to hear your family got hit with COVID im wishing them a speedy recovery . “Slump” “gained pounds” “i dont feel a slave as i was” we have to remember why we choose sobriety ? Why we started this journey ! Its good to see your back .

1 Like

Thanks bro. Glad to hear from you.

1 Like

Seeing my family get sick honestly modivated me. I’m the only strong hold in my family. Even though I’m weak at times. Just have to not let stress overcome.

Woodworking. Getting into epoxy projects.

3 Likes

Making coasters

1 Like

Harsh encouragement? Okay. I’ll point a few things.

1. I’m very sorry your family getting sick. I hope they have recovered. But, what does your family getting Covid have to do with your drinking? That’s called an excuse.
  2. Who cares if you’re drinking beer and not liquor. They’re both alcohol. There’s no difference. Excuse number two.
  3. You’re not a slave to the alcohol. Excuse number three. Give it time. And if you think it’s not going to get worse and you can moderate, then my prayers are with you.
    If I’m off the mark, then I’m sorry. I’ve relapsed in the past and have been the queen of excuses. Good luck and sending you insight and strength.
6 Likes

Thank you for being honest. But it’s discouraging how I’ve been away for a few months and I hardly see any members I remember. Hope they are good. Be blessed.

1 Like

People on here come and go. And there’s also plenty that manage to stay. How bout you make sure you’re one of them :smiley:

2 Likes

I was mostly a beer drinker, I hope you don’t feel like it can’t become a problem also.
Hopefully you won’t need anything soon.
You be blessed.

1 Like

I remember you! :grin: I like to think that this is a place in which everyone can take what they need and move on after healing. Stay strong :heart: