Needing support…

Just woke up over here. Could not be more proud of you @Erin3 you did everything right, from reaching out to taking suggestions. A fucking plus. That’s how you grow your sober muscles! :grin::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Thank you @Faugxh !! I appreciate you! Going to keep this message in mind today, and keep growing :muscle:t3::muscle:t3: Day 26, let’s goooo!

3 Likes

I hope that those feelings subsided & let you embrace the start of the festive season sober.

As cliche as it sounds, I try to stay motivated in a super cute ensemble that makes Me feel comfortable & proud without the added bloat from alcohol.

It is a particular challenge to stay in sober alignment during the holidays, however celebrating self is important too- even if the self is clinging to the
cell {phone} while nuckling thru an emotional, psychological, mental, or physical trigger.

3 Likes

This is awesome! These situations can be so tough, and intense anxiety can be really difficult to manage if your toolbox mostly consists of drinking, which seems to be a common theme among folks. I’m so proud of you for recognizing it, reaching out, and doing what you need to do for yourself. One of the best things I’ve ever figured out is that I’m not obligated to do a dang thing I don’t want to do, and No is one of my new favorite words. If I don’t want to go do something, I don’t. Whoever invited me still love me. If I do go and then it’s a bit much I know I can leave whenever I want and they’ll still love me. It’s weird, but knowing that I can say no, or leave, or whatever I want makes it easier to say Yes to things and also to decide whether sub-optimal events are worth the effort and discomfort, if that makes sense.

3 Likes

I hope your feeling great about your success.

1 Like

They did subside, so definitely a win! And thank you!

1 Like

I’m definitely keeping these words close, I need to keep reminding myself that I can always say no. Being able to set boundaries is always a work in progress, but I’m getting better :heart:

1 Like

I am, it’s been a process, but I’m starting to give my some kudos for my little wins!

1 Like

I’m so glad you made it to Day 27! So proud of you! Stay strong. Glad you checked in and got the support! Although we think drinking solves our problems… it really doesn’t just makes it worse or numbs them for the moment but we never overcome. You’re so strong! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so so much! I’m totally not used to reaching out and asking for support, but I think that’s probably been something I’ve been desperately needing.

2 Likes

Same! And I relapsed twice because I didn’t reach out for help. Until the day I did…and wow the support was amazing! No one will ever judge you on here so never hold back!

Tomorrow is a new day! Send you nothing but great vibes and live pretty lady.

4 Likes