Nervous for My First AA Meeting

Hi Meg
Everyone is made to feel very welcome at their first meeting (and all meetings come to that). I try lots of different meetings where I don’t know anyone and am always made welcome. In fact there was a newcomer at a meeting I went to last night and he really enjoyed it.
I am sure you will find it very helpful and comforting. Good luck and best wishes for the future.

Duncan

4 Likes

Yesss.
Inquiring minds would like to know. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :pray:

It went very well.
Thank you so much for checking in with me.

4 Likes

It went very well.
However I had a drink tonight. I’m so pissed at myself.

1 Like

It went very well.
But I just had a drink.
I’m pissed off at myself sooooo badly.

Going to another meeting tonight at 6:30:

That’s ok, keep going to meeting. Keep learning about addiction and meeting people who lift you up and care about you. Rome was not built in a day.:pray::pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

That is so true.
I just hate it.
How many times can I try to succeed, yet fail?
I want to scream! :cry::confounded::cry:

1 Like

I just did. Lol
6:30pm meeting, here I come!

Very true.
Let’s just see how my neighbors take it. Haha

The greatest success in life comes from failure.
This is a teachable moment, an opportunity to learn about yourself.
Treat this as such and things will get better.

3 Likes

Well, I have been trying for a while and have had a few relapses but, also had alot of clean time and those are the time I have had the most success in life and so I count that a a win. I also will never stop trying because I know that if I want any type of happiness I have too. Just keep trying and keep your head up. You cant fail if you dont quit. Proud of you, remember you dont have to suffer, tomorrow is a new day.

3 Likes

Wow! I absolutely LOVE what you just wrote.
Thank you sooo much! :pray::pray::pray:

3 Likes

Thank you so much.
I truly feel a connection with your words and experience.
Thank you. :pray::two_hearts::pray:

2 Likes

Do you mind me asking how long you struggled with addiction?

Well I’m 37 and I started an addiction to meth at the age of 17 after my father passed away. In 2003 I got sober and joined the Marines and was clean from meth but started drinking alot. I got married to my high school sweetheart in 2007 and she wanted me to quit so I slowed way down to about 1 weekend a month. In 2011 I got out of the marines and in 2013 I was back to full blown meth and alcohol addict(everyday user). I had many attempts in the last 5 years with 9 months being my longest bout of sobriety. I have used 3 times in the last year, that’s my best year yet. Six months of that I spent in a impatient rehab facility through the VA. I have been homeless twice. I currently am separated and living alone in my own apartment and attending Celebrate Recovery three times a week. I attend a 12 step meeting every monday. It has been a struggle for me most my adult life.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry.
But I am glad you are here.

2 Likes

None of my friends or family know of my struggles.
Well, at least not many.
It is so nice to have people here who I can talk to.
:pray::two_hearts::pray:

2 Likes

None of my friends or family know of my struggles.
Well, at least not many.
It is so nice to have people here who I can talk to.
:pray::two_hearts::pray:

Topic Controls

2 Likes

Yeah I read alot on here and alot of the time I feel like it reminds me of where I have been or where i am headed. It seems like it’s just what I need to hear to get me on the right track. I am thankful for this place and the people within it.:pray::pray::pray::pray::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes