New and determined

Today marks 13 days sober. I am determined to stay sober this time. I am very guilty of “well I went this long one drink wont hurt” well one drink is never one drink. After struggling the last few months with my drinking getting worse and me becoming more aggressive when drinking, I realized just how much I would lose if I continued to drink and hide it. I was getting to the point that on my lunch break I would have to have a least one drink if not two. If I had the day off the drinking would start just after noon. Today marks 13 days. So far I am feeling pretty good. I am starting to sleep better at times. Granted it is still tough sometimes to drive past the liquor store without stopping. But I just keep telling myself “Don’t want it, don’t need it”. I am also doing this all on my own. So gotta stay strong and keep moving forward.

11 Likes

13 days is great and welcome!!! Your story sounds very familiar!!!

4 Likes

Welcome! You are no longer doing this all on your own. You have us. Read as much as you can, be as active on here as you can. And ALWAYS…before you pick up, come on here and be active. Tell us what’s going on…it helps.

6 Likes

Thanks, that is nice to know.

1 Like

Hi, welcome! It’s lovely to meet you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Almost 2 full weeks, awesome!! Welcome to TS and keep up the hard work :+1:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome here 🙋
I quit with the help of this app. The people in it are my peer group.
It’s nice to share your thoughts about addiction with people who understand.
See you around!

3 Likes

Welcome and well done on 13 days! You’ve come to a good place. There’s a wealth of information here and lots of supportive folks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was told today during therapy that I need to find a sponsor. I was told that my doing this on my won without AA or some sort of group that I will fail. Which I would like to think that’s not true

We all have different ways of supporting ourselves in sobriety and recovery. What works for others may not work for you and vice versa. Find and do what works for you. If it is meetings, great. If it is something else, great. The key is finding what works for YOU. :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t think meetings are going to be my thing. I have a hard time talking in front of people let alone talking about my problems.

I believe you can simply sit in and listen, even anonymously on zoom. Just something to consider.

Welcome, Averdi!

Congratulations on 13 days! Especially seeing that you pulled it off on your own; that’s no small feat. Now just imagine what you can accomplish with an entire community of people backing you up and supporting you.

Keep it up :sunglasses:

2 Likes

13 days is a huge accomplishment. Stick with it, and welcome :slight_smile: