New and looking for support!

In my mid twenties and realizing I need to make a real change and transition into sobriety. I have hit a point where I risk ruining my whole life, including the relationships closest to me.

Five days in roughly and I have not been able to sleep because of guilt and shame of past mistakes. Hope this will improve, thanks for any affirming words.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard! You’ve come to the right place!

The great news is you have youth and time on your side, and showing wisdom to want to get sober. 5 days is an awesome start and yes…the guilt and shame is all part of it and yes it will get better.

Deep breaths friend. Check back here often. You got this!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, nice to know I am not the only one that has done things they are not proud of and have decided they can’t handle the pain anymore.

Time to make a change one day at a time, thanks team.

Hi, welcome to TS!

I’m in my mid twenties as well and found much needed help in this forum. :slight_smile:

You won’t regret joining that’s for sure^^

2 Likes

Welcome, it is great that you are making this decision now. The best amends is changed behaviour. Past mistakes were a lesson not a prison sentence. These words help me when shame hits.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, your words have made my day. That is very powerful and gives me hope for tomorrow

1 Like

Hi and welcome here!
I hope this app will help you as much as it did for me. More then 5 years sober today, not to bragg but to show it can be done :hugs:
Big part of my time I spent on the daily check in thread. I will share you the link so you can check it out. Feel free to join! It’s a very active and surportive thread:

See you around! :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes