New beginning (again...hopefully the last lol)

Hey yal :wave:
Crawling to my fellow Sober addicts for support again, been alone mentally lately, in terms of my struggles. I haven’t fallen completely but ive been stuck in a pattern of random “slip-ups”
As of today I am
3 weeks Meth-Free
2 days Opiate-free
2 days Cigarette-free
Im going hard for my sobriety this time. Im taking Gabapentin for the next 3 days (to dull withdrawals), wearing Nicotine patches for the next 8 days… following my own game-plan right now and staying upbeat and positive.
I start a new job next week too so im getting through the worst just in time…
How are the rest of you? I wanna know…lets talk

6 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on your sober days… Keep going… Read around all the positive uplifting posts from folks just like you. Yes it is possible to remain sober and live a happy life.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

Your doing really well :white_check_mark:

Good luck with the new job :star:

Nice to have you with us.

:sunflower:

2 Likes

Congrats and welcome to the community. Glad you reached out. We can’t do this alone and don’t have to. This community has really helped in my sobriety attempt this time. Reading around on the different threads and hearing about other peoples journey. I wish you good luck on your withdrawals from the opiates. I know how hard that can be. Glad you have the gabapentin to help. That definitely has helped me in the past. And congrats on stopping the meth and cigs. You can do this. Just take things a day at a time. You definitely have the right attitude about staying positive. Little by little things will come together for you. As far as me I’m hanging in there.
I struggle with Alcohol and opiates primarily. Have about 5 months sober. This time I’m trying to put more action into my recovery because my old life of using and drinking has exhausted me. I live at a sober living house. I go to meetings. I have a sponsor. Got back into exercising like skateboarding and biking. Working at a restaurant. I’m just taking things a day at a time. It’s not always easy but I just don’t wanna go back to my old life. If you ever need to talk feel free to reach out or message me anytime. Thanks again for posting.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Shane! Great work on all of ur timers! Glad ur getting thru the withdrawals alright. I can definitly relate to how uncomfortable it can be. Opiates and meth were probably the 2 most uncomfortable drugs for me to quit.

Spend some time reading around on the threads and feel free to post often! The check in thread is a popular one :slight_smile: Take it one day at a time and remember to reach out before u pick up when u get the urge to use. We can absolutely help u thru it!

5 Likes