New Comer Here/My Story

Hello my name is Joseph Aguinaga. I am 9 days sober today. To me it feels boring and I lean on community support and finding this app. I have a long journey to go but I know with the support of my wife and family, I will continue my soberity. Thank you for hearing me. I look forward to making positive changes in my life.

8 Likes

Welcome! Everyone here has been such a great motivation for me and I’m sure you’ll find that yourself too

2 Likes

Thank you, Tim904.

Welcome Joseph. This forum has helped me tremendously. There’s tons of great information. I suggest you start by reading New for 2020? Start here!. The early days are the hardest so dig deep and keep busy. I promise, it gets easier over time.

3 Likes

Thank you, Lisa. I will check out the link. Appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Welcome Joseph, it may feel boring at first but as time goes on I found that I was just numb at first and now rarely bored :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s nice to meet you Joseph and welcome!! This forum is wonderful and has helped me in ways I couldn’t have imagined. The conversations, the support, and the encouragement is all here for every individual who is struggling and wants to change for the better. I am fortunate to have found this forum. Everyone here understands the pain and struggles we all go through without judgement. Take care. We are in this together:)

1 Like

1 Like

Welcome! :sunny:

1 Like

Thank u, BJM. I appreciate the support found here.

Thanks so much, nb2020. I truly appreciate everyone’s support on this forum. This is all new for me, even learning my ways to navigate this app. I’m currently in an IOP program in my home town. Just came home this Saturday from Rehab. I feel happy today. I know I will have good and bad days. I have to learn to lean on my faith :pray: and continued support.

2 Likes

I am new to this forum as well. 12 days sober and I know the temptations. My struggles with alcohol has always been a constant worry. It was 12 days ago that my family came to me with an intervention. Change is scary, but I want to get and stay sober for my health and well being. I want to be sober for my family. I want my kids to see me as a positive role model. This is a day by day process and we are all on this journey together. Take care:)

2 Likes

Exactly right, one day at a time. Its very hard. Thank you for the encouragement. Its not easy. Take care as well, stay well.

1 Like

Hello Stella. Thank you for the warm welcome.

1 Like

Nice to meet you too.

1 Like

Welcome Joseph. Yes, there’s definitely a lot more free time to fill when you’re sober and not wasting it away with using. Maybe try a new hobby? Has there ever been anything that interested you that you didn’t pursue because you didn’t have the time or energy?

3 Likes

Welcome. This is a great community with a lot to offer. I hope you find what you’re looking for here.

1 Like