New feature: Custom tracker mode

Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on a new feature for Sober Time. It’s a new tracker mode that acts just like the ‘Summary’ mode, but allows you to pick only the units you’d like to see. Disabled units will carry over to the next enabled unit. It is supported in the app and also in widgets. Here’s an example:

A normal summary:

Now, edit the tracker mode and disable ‘Years’:

And the result is:

You can pick any combination of units that you like, but you need to pick at least one unit. While it seems simple, it was actually pretty complicated due to the sheer number of different combinations.

The update is currently on a staged rollout to everyone and you should get it in the next week.

25 Likes

Sweet :ok_hand:

Was thinking just today that it would also be nice to have count down tracker for time till next milestone.
It’s easy on the smaller targets to do mentally, but as you add a few years it would be nice to see “days left” or similar, especially for custom milestones.

Nice work though.
Personalisation is always nice for the user.
:+1:

3 Likes

You can have a bar above your tracker that indicates the progress towards your next milestone. Change your heading mode on the ‘Edit’ page to do this.

1 Like

I’ve got the bar, but it’s not as informative as I would like - particularly for the longer time span goals.

It’s not really a problem. More of a “nice to have” than a need.

1 Like

The ‘Milestones’ page will give you more information with exact time remaining. I can’t think how the app would work if there is another tracker just for the next milestone. Imagine having 4 separate addiction trackers, and then another tracker somewhere else for the next milestone of one of the addictions.

1 Like

Not really separate, just a “time remaining” or “days to go” figure that is included under the bar at the top (for those who enabled it). Small font. Nothing grand.

EDIT: The Milestones page data is not very granular, showing only years as a decimal.

Just a thought as I’ve wondered it several times over the years.
Not really important to the functioning of the app.

This is awesome, thanks Robin!

1 Like

Thank you, Robin. I have to admit, I tried other tracking apps before coming across ST and none of them compare. And all the new features you’ve added over the years make it even better.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the work on this!

1 Like

If you know the date of your milestone, you can make a timer for that milestone and it will count down instead

This is great! Thanks!!! :smiley:

While I am aware of myriad ways to achieve the countdown timer, none are integrated subtly right on the home screen.

Like, why have a gps integrated in a car infotainment system when you can just use a separate gps or your phone?
Because it’s convenient and streamlined to integrate functions together in one place.

1 Like