New feature: Download your journal or history

Hi everyone,

I’ve added a new feature to Sober Time that many have been asking for. It will let you download your entire journal, or your history entries, to a PDF file that you can store or share. This is great if you want to keep it for your own records, but also if you want to share it in your meetings or with friends/family/therapists.

Here’s a quick how-to:

Go to your journal and tap the new download button in the top-right:

Pick a date range. By default, it will use the first and last day of the month you’re currently on, but you can change this to fit your needs.

You’ll get a PDF that you can do whatever you want with:

Some notes:

Journal

• Journal entries with their rating and notes will be shown
  • Completed milestones will be shown on the day they completed
  • Resets will be shown on the day they were reset, but without any notes.
  • All results will be filtered to include only the dates you selected

History

• The history process is the same. Head over to your history page and tap download.
  • Instead of a date range, pick an addiction or select “All”. This addiction(s) resets will be generated in a PDF.
  • The reset will include the full detail (notes, dates, name, etc)

I hope this new feature is useful. Let me know if you have any feedback or something else you’d like to see here (within reason!).

Robin

15 Likes

Awesome addition! I will definitely use it.

@Robin thank you for all you do to keep this place running!

5 Likes

Thank you @Robin! I tried the feature. It did download January 2023 but it did not work for a random start and end date, I tried various.
I’m using a Samsung with Android.

Random how? You need to have entries or something happening in the date range for it to download a report.

1 Like

Yes there are entries. I tried to download december 2022, the whole year 2022 (1.1. -31.12) and April 2021 up to date. All these timespans have entries. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Wow! Very cool. Thank you!

1 Like

I tried again and it worked. Had to wait a minute until it was completed. Thank you for the feature, it’s great :pray:

2 Likes

It can take a second depending on the amount of entries. Maybe I’ll add a little loading indicator in the next update.

3 Likes

Obviously I have a lot of entries :blush: Thanks, an indicator would be helpful. I might have closed the app too early because I thought it froze.

2 Likes

Well, glad to hear that you’re using the journal feature and it’s helping you. I’ll improve it further.

1 Like

Thank you! This is a wonderful addition !!

2 Likes