New feature: Notification sync

Hello everyone,

I’ve been working on a feature for Sober Time. The updates were submitted to the Google Play and Apple App stores today and should be available in the next day or two.

The update includes a few fixes, but it also adds the ability to sync your Talking Sober notifications to the app. This is optional, but with it enabled you will get an app notification whenever you get a Talking Sober notification. This is helpful to stay up to date without having to check the forum or your emails all the time.

The first time you open the community page within Sober Time, and if you are logged in, it will prompt you to enable the notification sync. You can just dismiss this if you don’t want to. If you want it enabled, tap ‘Enable’. You will then have to log in with your Talking Sober username and password. After you do this successfully the sync is complete and you will start getting notifications on your phone.

If you would ever like to change this, you can also go to Sober Time’s Menu > Settings > Notifications. Here you can disable or enable it. You will have to authenticate with your Talking Sober credentials each time you enable it.

You can also set up this sync with multiple devices. Notifications will be delivered to each of them.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have here.

22 Likes

Great idea :+1:

1 Like

Love this! Thank you!

1 Like

Logging in with username requires a case sensitive match on username, seems like.

I tried logging in with ‘robin’ and ‘Robin’ and both worked just fine for me.

It could have been a balky password vault on my part.

The update is now live on both stores and this feature is now available. Have fun!

1 Like

Hey Robin, not sure if I missed it or if it hasn’t been mentioned. I can no longer swipe left to see the day counter. I have to go out and back in.

Normally not a big deal, but for those of us with brain injuries that have incredibly bad short term memory issues, I can go back 5 or 6 times in order to remember the number to check in :slight_smile:

Normally, I can half slide the page as I’m posting to see the number.