New feature: Reset to a date

I forgot to make a post about this one, since most of the new version is about guided journaling, but Sober Time 4.0.83 also has a new improvement to the reset feature.

Sober Time has always had a reset button. Hopefully, you haven’t had to use it and the goal of Sober Time is not to encourage or cause relapses, but they can happen. And when they do happen, it’s best that your tools are doing the most to help you.

So in the past, when pressing the reset button, Sober Time would do two things:

1. Add a history entry which uses your addiction’s clean date/time as a start and the current date/time as an end - effectively creating a stretch of sobriety that can be tracked in statistics etc
  2. Reset your addiction’s clean date to the current date/time

The problem is that, very likely, significant time has passed since you got sober and since you opened the app.
For example you relapsed on Friday and used your DOC. You got sober on Saturday morning. On Monday morning, you opened Sober Time and reset. Now your clean time is set to Monday - which is not accurate. It should be Saturday morning. You now have to go back into your addiction’s settings and the history list to edit those.

Now, resetting works like this when you press the button:

You’ll see a field with a date/time for when you last used. It defaults to the current date/time (this is a test device, I’m not up that late), but you can change it to whatever is accurate before you do the reset.

This is a small little quality of life feature, but I figured I’d make a post about it to explain it briefly.

Robin

16 Likes

Keep up with the hard work with this app

I really rely appreciate the effortS

2 Likes