New feature suggestion

Hi Robin,
I have a suggestion for a new feature. The “pinned thread” is a combination of bookmarking and thread watching. The new feature would allow users to pin threads to the top of their feed, regardless of the status of that thread. This allows me as a user to, for example, remind myself to take some action, like doing a daily challenge or reading some literature. Or it could be a thread I have found very valuable and I want to refer to it often.

If this is a site functionality that can be enabled, that’s great. And if it requires much coding (the user would need the ability to manage pinned threats, adding and removing and sorting e.g.), maybe it can go on an upcoming upgrade cycle.

I thank you profoundly for making this app available to so many of us. It is one of the main tools I use to maintain my sobriety today.

17 Likes

I love that idea!

2 Likes

I’ve been missing this feature from the day I joined the forum! I have my regular threads that I read daily so it would save time and clicking to be able to “pin” those at the top of my feed. Thank you for suggesting, I’m all for it!

2 Likes

@Robin, suggestion for a new feature.

In the interim, @SinceIAwoke, you could try using the bookmark feature and add a tag to it to search easily for the thread. I use the bookmark feature a lot.

Love the suggestion.

5 Likes