New here, almost 5 days & counting

Opiates have controlled my life for far too long. I eventually switched to suboxone naively thinking I would get sober with them but they turned out to be just as bad. I’ve attempted getting clean a few times and being around the wrong people always brings me back to where I started. I was unable to get anything and just decided this is it, I’m taking my life back. I’m using Gabapentin to help through detox and I have 2 more days until that’s done and over with. So far physically I’ve been pretty good actually, but I know I need some help emotionally to get through this and to the other side successfully and permanently.
I’m open to any tips or advice!
:heart: Tab

4 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober, Tab. This is a great place to get ideas and support four your sobriety.

A while ago, this thread https://talkingsober.com/t/resources-for-our-recovery/52812 was made and people have added to it. It’s a terrific summary of experience we’ve had in getting and staying sober. I hope to see you around on the forum. Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

3 Likes

Hello Tab, I have struggled with opiate abuse for 17 years. Very similar story as yours. I hope your staying strong since this was posted 9 days ago. Congrats to you for wanting to get sober. I have been sober now for 600 days today and I feel a thousand times better. I’m in control of my life now, and the opiates are no longer controlling my life. I’m here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. But my advice to you would be to not hang with those same people that are bringing you down. You have to and especially now that your at the beginning of your journey because all that’s going to do is cause your mind to think of that drug. I had to do the same. Anyhow I hope your doing well and I’m great for you if you need any help.