New here an working REALLY hard this time to stay sober!

Hi everyone! This is my first time on here, seems great to talk to an meet new people! We all know how hard that is when we get sober. All we know are other druggie friends, right? So this is awesome! My clean date is 5/16/21 an my DOC is heroin. I went to jail on 5/16/21 an 2 weeks before i was locked up i was doing fentanyl HARD CORE. I overdosed twice, one time died for 10 mins they said. But did it stop me from going back out?? Hell no. So getting locked up for 4 months was truly a blessing. It saved my life. Im now in IOP an on suboxone an honestly i dont wanna go back to using. My son LOVES having an involved mommy an we actually do things together an spend quality time together. His dad an I have never got along better. Were going on 9 years an our relationship is stronger then ever. He doesnt use. Never has. So he doesnt FULLY understand the struggle but he’s been by my side the hole time so he’s seen how bad it can get first hand. Anyways the issue im dealing with now is MOTIVATION. I literally have none!!! Im currently looking for a job an that’s really hard to do when I have to force myself out of bed jus to go to group or even clean! I make myself but like i figured that part of me would have came back by now??? After almost 5 months… I’m almost 30 an I’ve been using since i was 12 so i know that’s a long time of putting my body thru hell but like any tips on helping the process go faster!!! Even if you don’t have tips hit me up so we can be sober buddies🤪

11 Likes

Welcome Chantel,
Congratulations on your 5 months being clean. And your still alive :hugs:
My drug of choice was alcohol. But as a father I have experienced a child addicted to heroin. She’s clean almost ten years now. You can recover. Im so glad your alive and found us. This is a great sober community for support.
The check in thread is a great thread to check into every day to be accountable and get and give support. Checking in daily to maintain focus #34
And my favorite thread is the gratitude thread. Gratitude keeps me sober.
Daily Gratitude List #3
I hope to see you around.
Miracles do happen.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Chantel! Opioids were my vice so I can relate. I was attending IOP everyday while working full-time the first few months and I was exhausted. But I forced myself to exercise even if it was just walking and it helped get my energy level up. The more you move around, the more your body will respond.

2 Likes

I understand I had horrible energy for about a year after giving up IV opiates… a change to my psych meds helped… just don’t transfer your addiction to stimulants like stupid me did.

Anyway good for you all the support in the world! Msg anytime or post here…

Kat
Day 71 from meth pills

2 Likes

Thanks so much! What is the checking in thing all bout? I dont quite understand… this hole thing is a lil confusing lol

Hi Chantel and welcome to the community. Congratulations on your 5 months! :blush::purple_heart: The daily check in thread is a place for you to let us know how you’re feeling, vent if you need to, or simply “talk”. It’s a great thread for saying how you’re doing and what’s going on in your life at the moment. Go to the link that @Dazercat shared above and read some. I promise it’ll make sense, and for me, I always learn something new from the posts that helps me keep going. Much love to you! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I hear you.
Mine was alcohol but I was still very lethargic to the point of unable to do much but sleep outside of working hours… I would literally come home from work and sleep, I would sleep on the weekends… Left wondering when will I see the improvement…

I can tell you it does come! You got to give it time but also I began to pay attention to other areas of my self care, like a good sleeping pattern, eating healthy and also take good quality multivitamins. Vitamin B complex really helped me. Also vitamin D. Try to get out a little bit, even though you’re tired at this stage. It’ll come