New here and not sure how this all works

Thank you. The best I have been able to verbalize anything describing my experience with all of this is “pure hell”. I’ve only tried to quit 2x before…never made it past 3 days. 7 was my original goal this time. Its definitely not easy. That’s for certain. Maybe I will post my story when I get off of work tomorrow night. I will think about it. Guess we will see when 7pm rolls around how my shift went. I’m definitely how proud of how far I have come, I will say that. Thank you for the well wishes. It means a lot to me. I wish you the best as well! You’ve got this!

3 Likes

Just wanted to give an update now that the weekend has finally past. As I said in my original post, I was so sure I would have caved, having 2 days off of work BUT I made it through without a drink and feel so good, got so much done and worked out everyday instead of drinking. Tomorrow marks my first full week sober in I don’t know how long!

5 Likes

Way to go I decided to get solber last thursday the weekend was rough but made it through it also congrats to you on one week I cant wait to be there MYSELF :grin:

1 Like

Well the weekend is the toughest part imo so good on you, you’ll make that first week for sure!
And thank you for the kind words🙂

1 Like

Cav, it’s shocking how I identify with your story.
I think I knew early on that I was going down a path that was going to be hard to get off. In my early 20’s I started self medicating with alcohol. 21 years later I have finally broken through that and regret that I didnt do it earlier but my outlook on life is so different. I truly wish there was more of it to live.
A few days ago you said something that is bang on. We all have the ability to overcome, some just find it sooner.
My hope for anyone going through this or contemplating where they are in life is that they have the strength to see it and start it sooner.

Welcome my friend.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind message and welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like