New here and saying hello

My first time here and first time ever doing anything like this. 7 days sober. No booze. No drugs. I’m ashamed of some of the things I have done, and I want to be a better person. I’m extremely introverted so it’s hard for me to share, but I just can’t go another day trying to solve my problems alone in silence. I hope I can give to all of you a fraction of what I expect I’ll receive.

22 Likes

Hello and welcome. You’re right to not struggle alone, we cannot do this alone. This group has been a key part of my recovery, i hope it’ll do the same for you. Best wishes

1 Like

Hi there
Everyone here is in the same recovery boat. Glad you are joining us

Hello welcome to the neighborhood

Welcome to the group!

Welcome THX
Congratulations on your 7 days. That’s awesome :clap:
Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable. Lots of good and different threads for everyone.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Hi @thx1138 and welcome to this place! You don’t need to feel alone any longer. We are all different but so much connection and understanding is being forged in this place. I hope you can feel as save and home here as son many of us, me included.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hello @thx1138, welcome to the TS family. This place is amazing and my main support tool. Lean on us. There is so much support and advice here. I look forward to seeing you around. Together we are stronger! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome. I don’t share a lot of personal things either, but if you stick around you will find something to do here and you’ll make connections. That alone can help. Find what works for you, but know that everyone here knows what it’s like to start the journey.

3 Likes

Welcome!! :pray::tada::hugs:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Made it that much easier to get through day 8. :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome. I am glad you are here and hope you will stay to learn, heal, share, and grow.

1366 days ago, and after many tries at sobriety, I decided that I never wanted to drink again. I have also come here to the forum, pretty much every single one of those 1366 days. I think it has made a huge difference.

1 Like

You can lay your shame at the door because we’ve all been there :blush: Such a great community with no judgment. Glad your here

1 Like

Welcome! This community doesn’t judge, we love, support, encourage & most of all listen. I have also done things that I am not proud of. The most important thing is that I finally realize I matter & deserve to be sober/clean & happy! I will always be an addict (alcohol) it wasn’t by choice, but I do choose another day of sobriety.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! :heart:

Welcome and congratulations with your first week! :facepunch:
See you around!
milestone

1 Like