New here-and started to consider the dispensary

I’ve been sober from marijuana for the last 3 years. However, I tore my meniscus and now injured my back! (Side note-getting old sucks) Im unable to take NSAIDS/anti-inflammatories due to a medication interaction.

Im lying in bed making “excuses” of why marijuana would be okay-just this once-given the pain effectiveness and convenience of delivery…so I’m here instead. Phew.

7 Likes

Have you tried any acetaminophen to see if it will help you?
I know it is not an anti-inflammatory but it will give significant pain relief.
There are also anti-inflammatory gels that you can get I don’t know if you need a prescription where you are and I also don’t know if it also would be contra indicated with the other medicine you take
I’m glad that you didn’t go to the dispensary. That would you set you back three years. I hope you can get through this another way. I’m glad you’re here and posted

It might be paracetamol where you are

If it’s a past addiction then I don’t think there is a “just this once” … That’s the addictive voice using a tool to trick you.

There are other options to try. Physio, talk to the doctor about your o options and feelings, get a second opinion on the pain management options. Can you take a hot bath, also ice and heat

Pain management is definitely something to discuss with your doctor and not to experiment with on your own.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Yes getting old sucks and being injured sucks worse. Like @Badger said it probably won’t be just a one time thing. I been using this over the counter lidocaine ointment called Salonspas for a disc herniation and a torn rotator cuff that I’m trying to avoid surgery on. Something similar might help a little. Hope you feel better

@gemini528 Don’t know if this might help but here goes. Not advice giving just a story share. Marijuana was my go to for over fifty years. I know it is considerehd innocuous by many but it depends. For me it was a gateway to first psychedelics and eventually mainlining heroin at the tender age of 19. I stopped that b4 addiction but thirty years later I was snorting it using OxyContin and other opiates very addictively. I finally found myself in rehab after almost ending myself. I was stupidly thinking I could still vape weed so I ran it by my therapist while in rehab. She had a one word response. NO! She was right of course because of my addictive nature I don’t use weed it uses me! Pain sux. I also tore my meniscus and it was painful. And I deal with chronic pain,neuropathy from cervical disc fusion that failed. I currently use CBD tincture (no thc in it) and when it kicks up a notch I use a technique my spiritual teacher passed on. It may sound cray cray but I notice the pain but I do not attach and simply let it float downstream like a leaf. Wishing you the very best and welcome to this community!

1 Like

I’m sorry you are injured. And yes, getting old sucks sometimes but it is so much better than not getting old.

I’m glad you came here instead of to the dispensary. And I also hope you talk to your doctor about pain relief. Physical therapy may help you too!

Take care of yourself. You deserve to be healthy and safe. I’m sending my best wishes for safe relief.

1 Like

Yes. Absolutely. 100%