New here but not my first rodeo

Hello Peeps,
This is my first time here but as i said its not my first rodeo. I tried to quit 3 years back but fell off the wagon after 3 months. Went to some AA meetings but i dont really want to go to them. Seem to be getting out of control again even worse than before so here goes!
I did so well that first time im sure i can kick this. As i read a post on here that someone has their Mondays back! I feel that. And a few other days of the week, namely Friday, Saturday and Sunday and more increasingly the days in between. The money spent is an astronimical amount so i block it out. I feel my health slowly deteriorate. My face has gone red with broken capilliaries. This isnt what i want to be.
The hardest thing for me is what do i do now that i dont drink?? When since i was 15 apart from the 3 months i didnt drink 3 years ago i have been drunk all weekend every weekend plus other days and most Friday and Saturday nights are a blackout and i am now 47. I guess at least i wont be in the ER getting my head stitched anymore which has happened a couple of times…
Anyway glad to be here and start the road to recovery again. I dont tell many people about it but at least we can all share here without judgement. I look forward to supporting you all.

8 Likes

Welcome you’ll find this forum super helpful. Tons of resources and people to relate and chat with. Congrats on taking the step towards a better life.

4 Likes

Hi Deon! :wave: Another welcome to the forum :blush:

I put this collection of threads together at the start of the year which might be helpful to you

In terms of what you do - I was really worried about that to start with. Just remember it’s ok to be bored and over time it does get easier. Now I don’t understand how I found the time to do so much drinking.

Read as much as you can, keep checking in and reach out whenever you need to :pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Cheers mate appreciate it

1 Like

Welcome! It’s nice to meet you! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you Blondie

1 Like