New here. Day 5 for me. Going ok not doing 12 oz curls, but know challenges ahead

I’m doing it my way tho - no mtgs. No sponsor. Talking Sober is my first outreach/support community.

2 Likes

Welcome, very good to have you mate :blush:

Why no meetings or a sponsor? You have to be open minded about recovery and have lots of tools in your recovery plan. There are lots of different avenues

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:

This forum was my only recovery community for a while. I now also do Recovery Dharma which suits me, but I’d say this is still my main sober network.

Read around, get involved and reach out whenever you need to! There is so much advice and support here from people using a wide variety of approaches. Despite our differences we have lots in common. Hope you find it as helpful as I have!

1 Like

Im honored you’d take the time to read n respond. Darren, I’ll put mtgs on my calendar today. I assume I’ll find someone I resonate w there as far as a sponsor - weird I sounding picky… who am I??? I wish you both a wonderful day. And thx again. JP

2 Likes

What are 12 oz curls ?

beer cans.

Welcome. Your definitely bound to find many people here that you will be able to relate to and they can relate to you. Many great people here. No judgment at all. We are in this together. Hang in there.