New here, first time posting and Day 1

Been reading here this month. Really like this place, already has been helpful.
Reason I’m here is I’ve been smoking again and keep relapsing. I’d been quit and thrn I started sneaking one here and there. I bet you can guess what happened, I’m craving all day again. I’ve been hiding it from my husband and family, which really sucks and I hate it. My husband works nights so day I’m working from home and alone, and that’s when I smoke. Thrn I frantically shower, change clothes, brush my teeth before he gets up.
I threw my cigarettes away today and here I am.
I just want to be a non smoker.
Thanks for listening and nice to meet you all!

15 Likes

Welcome! Glad you’ve taken that important first step (or two!). You’re in good company. Have you checked out this thread before?

You might find some support specific to your addiction there. :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Thank you!
No I hadn’t seen this yet. I will be joining right away. Grumpy Aholes lol man do I relate

1 Like

If you haven’t read Allen Carr’s The Easy Way to Stop Smoking, now would be a great time to do so.

And welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome. You can do it. One day at a time.

I’ve been using my laziness for good. Addiction is exhausting.
I somehow always figured smoking helped with “picking me up”. I really believed the lie.
So it was too easy to convince myself why I should smoke again, if this makes sense.
It’s starting to really sink in how smoking just holds me down, it’s so much WORK to be actively addicted. Like so much of my life spent thinking about it, thinking of how to get it, smoking, counting smokes, worrying I’ll run out, it never ends.

2 Likes