New here from SG anyone else?

first post ,just signed up, came from sober Grid

17 Likes

What a great welcome. Lovely to see :blue_heart:

10 Likes

:raising_hand_man:Me! I am glad others are joining.

17 Likes

Welcome everyone!!! I’m sorry your home app is having to shut down but this is an amazing app too and y’all will fit right in!!

12 Likes

Yup Me too.

16 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you. It’s important to note that the final reason the app is closing is because it’s founder sadly lost his life. RIP Beau. :blue_heart:

13 Likes

I was here before Sober Grid. I’m on both though :+1:

12 Likes

Just gone on SG and seen it’s closing, that’s a shame.

I do get plenty of messages from fake accounts posing as attractive women which I’ll miss as it feeds my ego slightly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Darren, since you are on both, how would you compare them? I don’t know much about Sober Grid. It had more of a meet up feel/aspect? Is it abstinence based, as we are? More members? Would love to hear your (or others) thoughts.

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

It was similar, no categories just one big thread, selfies, check ins everything. Definitely abstinence based. But had the ability to reguest to friend someone like Facebook. Also private chats like here

5 Likes

It’s more of a social media feel - like a Facebook or Insta format

I liked it as you could post videos though which you don’t have the option to do here.

Its definitely not as safe as here
You can see people’s location based on distance and there is a lot of men inboxing women etc… it hasn’t got a proper active admin team like on here

It’s an abstinence based site- Sober support / networking

Shame to see it go, but it happens :grinning:

11 Likes

I’ve used that app before. Seemed pretty cool. I’ve been on here years, like it too.

4 Likes

That is really sad to hear. :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thanks Darren! Hope you are well!!

2 Likes

Welcome everyone. This is a great community

4 Likes

Yo jumped in here too from SG. Glad to be here and Blessings.

14 Likes

Welcome to the community :v:

6 Likes

Made it too Brother

7 Likes

Welcome to all the new members! I have never been on SG. Talking Sober has been my home for years and im sure you will all love it here as much as I do.

14 Likes