New here, hope to find the strength i need

Hi everyone
Im Stephanie and definetly an alcoholic.

I started my journey almost 3 years ago but had a few relapses. My last relapse was 5 days ago. At our work christmas party… not my proudest moment! Im here to find strenght and a sense of community to stop drinking for good.

Thanks to this beautiful community for its existence. Grateful to be here.

19 Likes

Welcome, Stephanie! Awwww, I remember an office Xmas party a loooong time ago (actually, I only remember bits). One of my coworkers drove my boss and me to our respective homes. Mine was a tiny bachelor apartment. My boss took a look and said, “Wow, you need a nicer apartment.” Apparent I said, “Wow, you need to pay me more!” Also not my finest moment even though it was 100% TRUE. Anyway, I am 20 days in and every day I’ve checked in here. It’s been a great place of wisdom, solidarity, humor, and compassion for me already. Glad you’re here.

4 Likes

Welcome Stephanie.
This is a great community to get and give support to stay sober. It works if you work it.
Have a good read around.

Join in when your comfortable.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you! 1 day at the time. Ive been surrounding myself with people that value my sobriety and encourage me. I think i will love this community :heart:

5 Likes

I feel for you! Thank God its sober time. Saying regrettable things to uplines is one of the main reasons im becoming sober.

Amen to this community! :raised_hands: together we can stay stronger and go 1 day at the time…

20 days is amazing! Im at day 6 in a few hours ans counting :slight_smile: You got this

3 Likes

Hi Stephanie :wave: welcome to the community…this site is amazing and i credit the people on here for my 98 alcohol free so far…there are some absolute diamonds on here…youve definately come to the right place, good on you for choosing sobriety, im here for you and sending you big fat cyber hug :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this warm welcome! Its only a few hours and i feel so much better altrady :slight_smile:
Congrats on your 98 :heart: keep going

2 Likes

Welcome, stay on here it’s so good believe you me, you can do it take one day at a time xx

2 Likes

And you are one of those diamonds!

Welcome to TS, Stephanie. I’m glad you have some people IRL that support your recovery. This is key for me.

2 Likes

Ohh, thank you so much, as are you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Amen yes it is thank you so much! How has it been for you?

Amen yessss! :pray:

So good. I can’t believe how awesome sober living is. A great gift.

2 Likes

Amen yes :pray:

HOPE IS WHAT WE USE TO SUCCEED! WELCOME to the Community!

1 Like

The morning afters can be brutal. Im hoping mine will stick with me long enough to remind me when i feel like a drink.