New here, just quit opiates & Kratom

1st post, sharing for accountability-Day 3…… felt a little better than yesterday but last night was rough with the restless legs. I drenched my legs with magnesium spray in the middle of the night. I also took 2000mg of DLPA supplement this afternoon & I think it actually helped a bit. Cravings seemed to stop and I got a burst of energy hours after I took it. I feel something final about this quit. I don’t see myself ever rushing to take pain pills or Kratom ever again. It was never about pain relief anyways. I just feel delivered from this. Finally. If that’s so, then it’s only because my sweet deliverer Jesus/Yeshua touched me and set me free. Prayer works! :heart::pray:t3:
That said, I truly hope tomorrow I feel more normal.

13 Likes

How are you doing?

5 Likes

Still going strong. Today is day 5. Nighttime is the worse though. Bad insomnia. Praying that passes soon. I really appreciate you asking. I hope you have a great evening :blush:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum! I added the tag ‘opiates’ to your message, if you click it you will see other posts with the same tag.

Great to see you are still hanging in there and getting through it!

I don’t have personal experience with opiates, but I have learned a lot about my own patterns of alcohol use and a lot about sobriety in general from people on this forum. Regardless of whether they also used alcohol.

I hope you find this community a helpful resource. If nothing else there is always loads to read while you’re dealing with the insomnia!