New here, lil rundown about my addiction

I used to live in Saranac so I know all about the limited resources in your area. Best bet for a sober living facility might be Plattsburg or Watertown unfortunately.

1 Like

Absolutely you are so rite lol. And I have proved this to myself too many times, by saying I got this and thinking I’m never going back, and then boom I fuck up. And like I said every time so far when I did fuck up, it got worse then that last time. I am definitely not going into like that this time bc I know I have a addiction, but this time I not saying I got this, I’m saying I want this and I need this, and I’m just taking it one day at a time. I’ve read this book called the naked mind by Annie grace, it’s a really good book. And it has actually helped alot with teaching me how to get out of my unconscious mind when I want to drink.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of hers, but there are some golden nuggets in that book. Especially the parts about how the brain associates some things. Have you read “The Easy Way to Quit Drinking?” She plagiarized the shit out of that book from what I understand. People swear by the author because of his psychological evaluation of varying addictions. Allen Carr is his name.

1 Like

I have not, I did notice she quoted alot of other authors so I’m sure alot was plagiarized.i never was a reader, just picked up on it recently, I’m going to look into that book as well tho.

1 Like

Reading has always been a true love of mine. It helped me get through early sobriety, just like its helped me get through so much else. One thing I really picked up on in the early days was drawing. Man, I NEVER knew how therapeutic it was! I put a lot of time and energy into learning how to do it. The results were pretty cool.

I didn’t read a ton of recovery related stuff in the early days, mostly part of “This Naked Mind” and a memoir or two. Fiction has always been my go to.

1 Like

I’m taken this advice for sure xx