New here. Really trying to quit

Been trying to quit. Drank allot during the pandemic and now i’m trying to quit the habit. Been having heart palpitations I’ve cut back allot but it’s still a waist of money and a regret every time. The anxiety is unbearable because I have financial challenges as well.

8 Likes

Welcome Chad :slightly_smiling_face:. Sobriety is hard, but well worth it. Have a look around here and see if you find anything helpful. Best wishes

1 Like

Welcome Chad! Many if not most of us have been exactly where you are. You can have a life of freedom if you really want it. Glad you’re here.

1 Like

Welcome. Addiction wants us to feel despair so that we continue to numb ourselves and stay on the addict loop. Take it slow and steady one step at a time. By stopping drinking you will only be helping make things better. I spent an absolute fortune on booze, got myself into debt and I too was so worried about it. But once I decided enough is enough things,very slowly, started to get better. Over time I have cleared the debt and now have some savings. My mind is clear and I know one drink would take me back to that despair :pensive:. You are now among friends :pray:t2: we can do this together, one day at a time. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hello friend, welcome. We’re glad you’re here. No matter what, keep returning, stay true, one step at a time.

1 Like

I am 31 days without alcohol and have to say I’m feeling great. What I’ve learned is that with me it’s all or nothing so it has to be nothing. It’s the first drink that’s the problem as after that can’t stop. If you can avoid that first drink, you’re going in the right direction. It’s not easy unfortunately but for health, weight, money, relationship reasons it can only benefit us to :stop_sign: stop. Good :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

1 Like

Welcome Chad.
My scary heart palpitations have gone away and have been forgotten about. Thanks for the reminder. When I first started my sober journey I was very grateful for that. And especially grateful for the calmness and serenity I started to feel. Mentally and physically.

Gratitude is my strongest tool in my sobriety tool box. Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4
I’m grateful for new comers.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like