New here! Short intro into my story

My fiancé and I were using heroin for about 4 years and fentanyl for about 2. We started to depend on it for everything and lost almost everything over it. We are now on day 21 of being clean it took about a month of use doing the sober for 2 day and relapse for a couple More days. We’ve talked to my parents who had their own battle with meth years ago. I’m starting to see a light at the end now. My fiancé is back working and I’m looking for a job now! I came on here to meet some new people who understand what we’re going through. I hope you all have a wonderful night! :white_heart:

19 Likes

Welcome Brittany,
Congratulations on your 21 days clean. That’s awesome!! I’m glad you found us. My DOC was alcohol. As a father I had a kid addicted to heroin. She’s clean now. Thank God. And rehab and recovery work and NA.

This is a great clean/sober community with lots of great support. And people from all over with all types of addictions. I wouldn’t be sober if not for this forum.
Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Welcome, congratulations on 21 days, that’s awesome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi welcome to the community, im glad you have joined us.

Congratulations on your 21 days :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome! And congratulations on 21 days, that’s awesome!

1 Like

Mines was 5 yrs off hell on alcohol, you can do it ,it took me many attempts now im 1m 6 days i never thought i could or would be able to get here ,im just glad to be free off it ,like yourself im working now and living life sober and its the best thing ive done in years ,good luck you can and will if you really want it

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 21 days!

1 Like

Welcome and congrats to you on your road to recovery! My DOC is alcohol. I had an issue with pain killers 20 years ago but I never went back to it after beating it. Unfortunately alcohol took over my life for the last ten years. I lost opportunities I will never get back. I made horrible decisions that have ruined the lives of people I love and that I have to live with. I have had more Day 1’s than I can remember. My family also has a history of addiction so I know how hard it must have been for you to get sober. You are strong! Thank you for opening up to the group and sharing, I am glad to get to know you :blush:! This group has been a lifesaver for me, their stories, motivation and encouragement have kept me going!

3 Likes

Thank you much! I really appreciate it I’ve been read for a few day before I decided I’d would give it a try!

1 Like

Thank you sooo much!

Thank you soo mich i really appreciate it :white_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Thank you doo much I plan on never touching it again! We’ve had it present itself and we’ve both held strong! (:

Thank you soo much!!

1 Like

Hey congratulations on u and ud hubbys recovery! Tough drugs to overcome but it sounds like ur doing it! Great place here :slight_smile: I have 32 days off all mind altering substances :slight_smile: I owe that to a number of things but definitly this forum. My DOC for the past 7 years was crack cocaine. Many years ago I used hydromorphine and it was horrible to get off of :frowning: Glad to have u here :tulip:

1 Like

Welcome Brittany! Hell of a job on 21 days! And this is a great place to meet up with people who are and have gone through just about anything you throw at them. Wishing you the best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m so happy to hear a little of your story! I’m proud of you :white_heart::white_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much I really appreciate that!

1 Like