New here....stuck in doors

So, I am new to this forum. I have 21 months clean. I am living in an SLE. For those that may not be familiar with an SLE it is a Sober Living Environment. I have only been here since mid March and so far its been decent. I don’t really “people” too well. I guess you can say I am not much of a social butterfly. To give you a very brief run down on why I am in this SLE is because while i took the time to get my life back in order (i.e. job, home, car etc) I had found myself with a warrant for not checking into my probation. This was a legal matter that I knew I would eventually be taking care of. So anyway, to make a long story short I am on a program called ACS which is alternative custody supervision and i have a lovely ankle monitor on. needless to say not being able to go anywhere except working for the sherrif’s work crew has created an intense amount of boredom.

7 Likes

Welcome Vanessa! I’m sorry to hear you’re stuck indoors. What are some things you like to do in sober living to keep busy?
After dealing with Covid lockdowns, a lot of us can relate to your situation and finding things to do to indoors. I found a new love for puzzles and coloring. I also spent a lot of time reading on this forum. The meme thread can be pretty entertaining. I found myself attending many meetings on intherooms.com, not participating much but listening while doing other things.

1 Like

Well i mainly listen to music. I also like to talk to some of the girls sometimes. Trying to get out of that isolation type of thinking. Right now we are only sanctioned to attend church on sundays. I love going to church. That is always a helpful thing. Things over here are starting to open up more. I am just anxiously awaiting getting passes back so that I can visit with my family. I was attending celebrate recovery once a week but now that i am in here we really dont get to do any of that. I do however stay plugged in with my church family and accountability people through phone. I am missing my meetings though

2 Likes

Music is great therapy in my opinion. I find it
takes control of my mood so when I’m feeling down, I listen to upbeat tunes. It also helps when I get thoughts of using. Sounds like you have a few things to keep you busy but I’m sure you prob get bored. Spend some more time on here and get to know others. Consider checking in so we can get to know you. Here’s the link.
Checking in daily to maintain focus #29

Don’t feel bad sassa cuz am on ankle bracelet too

1 Like

Trust me ankle bracelet pain butt lol

1 Like

i concur :grinning:

1 Like

Only have be on ankle bracelet until I find a place

I have until October 14th but they day always changes. I have the opportunity to work off days on my sentence. Every two day that I work I get one day off. My original outdate was October 29th

1 Like

Nice . I don’t have be on that long

1 Like