New here!(:

My name is McKenna and I am an alcoholic. I was 4 month sober until Saturday night. Now I am 1 day sober starting over again. It is hard, and difficult but, I know I can do this. I know I don’t need alcohol to be okay. However one day at a time, and I can do this!

18 Likes

Welcome Mckenna. You certainly can do this and the best news is that you’re not alone! There are amazing people here to connect with. I’m glad you’re here.

4 Likes

Welcome McKenna! So glad you’re here and please stick around. You are worth it.

2 Likes

Welcome, McKenna. There is so much here for you, I hope you use it and stick around. This topic might have been pinned for you when you first started, I’m going to link it again here because it has so many answers and experiences for you!

Frequently asked questions about sobriety for newcomers - Announcements - Talking Sober - Addiction Recovery Forum & Support Group

1 Like

Nice work on coming back right after a slip. I had 4 months my first real quit and it took me years to get back on the wagon.

1 Like

Should be proud of yourself. Not an easy feat. You got this :+1:t4:

1 Like

Thank you @Dan531 I am happy to be here and connect with you all!

Thank you @Smitty97

You were born to make mistakes, not fake perfection. Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. It’s a new day.

1 Like

Hi McKenna. :wave:
I have had many day 1s on my journey so far. This all is so new to me. You’re among friends. Just keep going, one day at a time. Proud of you for starting over!

2 Likes