New kind on the app

Hello. I’m new here. I am 6 days off of booze and almost 2 weeks of pain killers. Hit my first meeting in almost 14 years. Everything is overwhelming and I’m going to be in a bar tonight for dart league.

11 Likes

If it helps, say you’re driving and just get yourself a cola

2 Likes

If everything is overwhelming I’d be passing on the dart game. The risks of going are and drinking are far greater than any possible benefit of a few hours playing darts.

6 Likes

Miss the darts! It sounds dangerous and not with it at this stage

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :blush: I agree with everyone about skipping the darts. Sounds like the safest bet.
Congratulations on all your sober days

4 Likes

There are no subs available. My wife is coming with me. She rarely drinks, as in May be 3 times a year. I also asked a sober friend to join us there as well. Updates to come.

2 Likes

The thread below is about events where alcohol consumption is the goal, or an important activity, or is the environment. These are “slippery places” for us in early sobriety.

For my first 3 years sober, I was on house arrest and parole for drunk driving. I wasnt permitted to even go into a bar or liquor store, no matter the reason. Honestly, I think it helped me by removing temptation.

6 Likes

How did it went?
For me I avoided every alcohol related event/friends the first 3 months or so in my recovery. I waited for that untill I was stronger.
But I’ve read you have some help to get you trough it sober, hope it helped!

2 Likes

For me in my first few months even years i staid away from drinking places. hopefully you will be ok , keep us posted wish you well

2 Likes

Me too when i had 8 years of sobriety.
You know when your ready to be in alcohol associated places, until then its high risk.

36 days today for me.

1 Like