New member help

For me I started feeling physically better at around day 4. But that’s when the mental shit started. I would have very vivid dreams….some more nightmarish but not always, but always I woke up a bit “stressed”. I also started getting waves of emotion for no apparent reasons. I would often need to remove myself from whatever or wherever I was and just walk…and breathe. I also started having a little voice tell me “See, it’s not so bad. Clearly you’re not an alcoholic if it’s so easy. You can totally have one drink. You DESERVE one drink.” DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT VOICE!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much😊

Hi, I’m new here also, well sort of; I was on here in 2017 and I’m back. A few years older and a lot more tired of alcohol. I don’t really have much advise, I’m just glad your here also, I guess I can say after the guilt of the weekend goes away and you start to feel better and start to have amnesia, try to remember even if you have fun the next time and even maybe the next, it will only eventually lead you back to that weekend, it always does. I’m only a week in, I really like to strive for the milestones on here, I’ve been keeping so busy gardening and cleaning, and I get tasty non- alcoholic drinks from Starbucks or wherever to keep me occupied. I don’t know if that helps any, just don’t give in, you will feel amazing and in controle.

4 Likes

Thanks for mentioning sobriety podcast, I listen to podcasts all the time and would not have thought of that, is there a particular one you recommend?

1 Like

I really liked the shair podcast the most personally, super helpful for me

1 Like

My opinion and thing that worked for me. I just thought about today and said for today I will not drinking. I will use it today.

2 Likes

Thanks Dan for the book idea. Awesome book. Read through it and definitely will read it again. Many thanks.

1 Like