New member here

Hey everyone, my name is Ian, I’m new to this site and just trying to work everything out, I’m a alcoholic with a cocaine problem… about my life, i was married to my ex wife for 13 years and together 17, we had our up and downs but thought we was okay for most of this time, 6 years ago my mum passed away, my drinking seemed to move forward from social with mates to more binge get wasted style, this progressed to more often ie a few times a week, and kept getting worse, I also DJ and that led to doing more cocaine when drunk, a year and a half ago my wife walked out on me on farthers day, taking my daughter with her, a week after got with a bloke she has worked with for last couple of years. This hit me hard but I did sort myself out for a month, no drink no drugs and lost weight, that was short lived and I’ve spent since drinking way to much and doing drugs when hammered, I’m at rock bottom and yesterday went to meet someone from aa, I’m determined I can do this, I do have a lovely girlfriend now that supports me and believes also that I can do this, wish me luck and thanks for reading about me :slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

That sounds like a journey, welcome to ts. Aa is a good road map to stop drinking and get to root causes of why u used in the first place. There is a daily thread where people can share sober days, current struggles, etc. Look forward to sharing the rest of ur journey.

5 Likes

Welcome Ian. Pretty similar to me, if I can do it. So can you,and literally trust me I never thought I’d be sober. If you want it bad enough it will work, congrats

3 Likes

married to my ex for 13 years aswell went to AA a couple weeks after she told me it was over that was 34 yearsr ago still sober married again 26 years now life goes on wish you well

10 Likes

Welcome here Ian 🙋
This app has helped me tremendously in getting sober and stay that way. My tip to you is: read around here often. There is loads of good info about your addiction and how to bead it here.
Just type in the info you are looking for above using the magnifiying glass :mag:

See you around! :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome, sorry to hear about your marriage breakup, it must have been devastating. You have made a start with the AA and you come to the right place, the forum will give you lots of information and support. Good luck on your new journey, you can do this :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome, this place is a great first step!

2 Likes

You can do this, Ian.

1 Like

Hey, welcome. Please stick around, and read people’s stories. There is help if you want it. There is no luck involved in stopping, you just decide to do it, and keep doing it.

1 Like

Hi Ian, welcome to this fantastic place! I’m sorry to hear about your marriage breaking up, I’m so glad that you’re here with us! Sending strength your way…look forward to seeing you around :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile: thank you for sharing some of your story… I think you’ll find that we have a lot of supportive and understanding people here, you’re definitely on the right track

Welcome. Thank you for sharing. I hope you find what you need here to help you get where you want to go in your life.

I to lost a marriage of 23 years from drugs and drinking I’m now remarried to a lovely woman for 7 years but still continue to drink and party till last night. New to site also trying to to it. All I can really say is drinking and drugs ugh keep me no where. Bit I know the struggle. Be safe and hang in there.

1 Like