New member. Small back story

My name is Mary. This is my first time using one of these apps. I am a 37 year old mother of two teens. My addiction started when I was about 19. My boyfriend actually spiked my drink with Meth. Got addicted right away. Then it became opiates, and last fentanyl. I have overdosed on it three times in a year. I’m just done with this fight. I want to be sober and happy again!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Im really glad ur here :heartbeat: Thank u for sharing a bit of ur story and I hope u find this forum as useful as it has been for me in my recovery.

5 Likes

Hello Mary
Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. Are you doing anything differently this time to help with your sobriety? Any meetings in person or online?

This is a beautiful app filled with great advise, amazing people and tools that can help with your sobriety. Take a read around.

Start with this thread to hold you accountable for starting and staying sober

Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

Wishing you luck in your journey. Hope to see you around.

1 Like

Best of luck to you, Mary. This community on this app is amazing. Please stay connected and feel confident that others have fought similar battles and won! You can too!

2 Likes

Hi Mary. Glad you’re here! :people_hugging:

1 Like

Hi Mary, welcome to Talking Sober and glad to have you aboard! The best thing about being here for me has been the realization and the notion that I’m not alone. We’re in this together and together we’re strong, and that made all the difference in failures before and success now. Hoping you will experience it too!

2 Likes

Warm welcome from me Mary, youve picked a great place to be, glad to have you here :people_hugging:

1 Like

Welcome! I am happy to support you on your journey. I don’t know what you are doing to stay clean, but here are some resources

Resources for our recovery

2 Likes