New month feels

any advice or thoughts just not sure if I’m kicking myself in my journey but obviously I’m working and enjoying the environment my frustration is just when I’ll have my own place again or even a car maybe I feel entitled or it’s impatience !?!maybe both!?
-sober and frustrated

2 Likes

Hey, I’m sorry to bother you but I’m not sure I understand your question exactly.

That’s not your fault I’m just not a native speaker.

Are you frustrated about no longer having your own place to stay or about not having your own car anymore?

Or is it both?

Again, sorry I just wanted to clarify before giving a response. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It can be frustrating, at times; life that is. You want to go in a certain direction so bad but seems like the universe has other plans. Patience is a virtue, but patience is obtained through practice and discipline.

What can you do today, tomorrow and the next day to come closer to your goals and dreams?

3 Likes

Both thank you for asking!

1 Like

well as of now I’m working and making calls for low income housing
So I believe if I continue to work I’ll get there is my understanding of your question

2 Likes

I can somewhat relate to losing my own place.
I’m currently staying with my parents in my old childhood room. It’s small, it’s dank and every piece of furniture I own is a reminder of how much I messed up with myself and others.

It feels stagnant, like there is no real growth being accomplished. Just me stuck in the same place I was for years.

Maybe you can relate to that feeling.

As for owning a car. I would absolutely lose it if I lost mine. Late night drives and coffee are one of the few pleasures I have left.

It also is a source if freedom for me. So not owing one can be tiresome. Have to rely on other people for transport, not knowing if it’s done right, etc etc…
I think that would be the worst part for me personally.

I can’t really tell you any other advise other than to keep looking. I know housing is pretty much luck based at this point.

The only real option is to keep pushing your chances. Something must stick eventually.
:face_with_head_bandage:

As for obtaining a car, do you have a liscense or something to that degree? Or did you lose it at some point?

1 Like

Thankfully I have a license and up to date,repossessions(2) and because I gave up I let payments go I finally found a job I like just not around the time I was job hoping but I basically gave up

& I relate to the feeling of being stagnant like no growth is happening but in due time with learned patience which I obviously don’t have I know it will all work out,just super frustrating

1 Like

Yeah that part is hard for me as well.

I always wanted things to go my way and fast which in recovery translates to: “I’m doing thing x, why doesn’t this completely turn my life around?”

It’s not going to be that easy. And even knowing that I still find myself being rather impatient.

Guess that’s what happens when you are used to getting what you want. Which in my case was copious ammounts of booze.

I’ve basically turned myself into an egomaniac.

It’s gonna take time to reprogram all of that.

2 Likes

Also it’s great you have a liscense.

I know many people who no longer have that and even now don’t see that they have an addiction.

Be it drugs, booze, etc…

That’s one thing that helped me with denial.

I always think to myself: “If you keep that up, It’s going to be you. Garanteed.”

2 Likes