New on this journey

Hi Guys, my name is Magdalena and I am from austria. So please forgive me if my english is not perfect. I had a very hard time the last view months - my boyfriend said that he is unsure about his feelings…i moved out… heartbroken. After 13 years. And i drank heavily, until i wanted to give up. But instead of giving up, I decided to get sober. I decided to feel my feelings, as hurtful as they might be. I am happy that I found this app… I am at the beginning of this journey…but I know I can make it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Its great to have you with us welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Magdalena, welcome and well done on taking the first steps towards getting better. Read around and keep checking in. Happy you found us. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Hi! Welcome! I think what you are doing to heal is amazing and I am so glad you’re here.

1 Like

Hello Magdalena…thank you for sharing. Once you understand your self-worth, there’s nothing to stop you from continuing your journey to recovery. I spent 30+ years enduring my destructive drinking. I figured out in treatment that i carried a lot of resentment, shame, and guilt. I found that my self-worth was bigger than my drinking. 14 months later after my last drink, I’m enjoying life more and being intentional about living in the “present” and not the past. Stay strong…you got this!!!

2 Likes