New place, no alcohol

Hey there. Started this journey of being sober because I realized how much I consumed alcohol and didn’t realize how much damage it has been doing me. I broke up with my ex in March and since then, have been drinking because he pressured me into it a lot back when we dated and just became “used to it”. It started making me tired a lot lately and just pass out a lot at home without me knowing. It scared me enough, so I’ve decided to quit drinking. Tomorrow will mark 10 days sober and couldn’t be happier.

I have my new dream job that I don’t want to lose, and my new place by myself and feeling super independent and accomplished. Social events will be the hardest for me, but I don’t want to lose the relationships I have. Going to the gym every day has been helping me as well as staying busy. Sobriety has been great so far and eager to keep this going.

23 Likes

Absolutely! :raised_hands:t2:

That’s wonderful to hear about the new space you’ve found. Happy for you :innocent:

1 Like

Welcome back!

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is awesome! I love your positivity! :heart: I’m glad you’ve found yourself in a great place and that you are working to keep it. You can do it!

2 Likes

Its very inspiring that you are doing so well!

1 Like